Managing Your Squad
Admin, Moderation, and Privacy Settings
In your role as a Squad admin, you have a wide range of tools and settings to help manage your Squad. This guide will help you understand these options and how to use them effectively.
Note: The provided tools are the most basic ones to get you started with your Squad management. We understand the criticality of robust and comprehensive moderation tools for the success of Squads. Rest assured, we're actively working to add more advanced moderation options and enhancements to this toolkit.
Deleting Posts, Comments, and Removing Users
As an admin, maintaining a respectful community is in your hands:
- Deleting Posts or Comments: If a post or comment violates the Squad guidelines, navigate to it, click on the options menu, and select "Delete". Confirm in the pop-up window.
- Removing Users: Should a member consistently breach guidelines, you can remove them. Find the user in the member list, select "Remove" from their options menu, and confirm your decision.
- Posting and Inviting: You control who can post in the Squad and who can invite new members. These settings are available under the "Permissions" section in your Squad settings.
- Group Guidelines: Create a welcome post outlining the group's rules and expectations. Pin it to the top of your Squad feed for easy accessibility.
Your Squad members can have different roles, each with distinct permissions:
- Member: Can read and write posts, and add comments, based on the permissions you set.
- Moderator: In addition to member permissions, can delete posts, delete comments, and manage members in line with the rules you set.
- Admin: The admin, usually the Squad creator, can manage all posts, comments, members, and modify Squad settings, including privacy settings and permissions.
- Promoting to Moderator/Admin: Find the member you wish to promote in the member list, select "Promote to Moderator" or "Make an Admin" from their options menu. They will now have access to moderation tools.
- Demoting Moderators: If a moderator isn't fulfilling their duties, demote them back to a member by selecting "Demote to Member" in their options menu.
Squad Visibility (Private vs. Public)
You can choose the visibility of your Squad:
- Private Squads: Only members can view and contribute to the Squad content. You control invitations.
- Public Squads (in closed beta): Open to all daily.dev users. Currently, public Squads are in early beta with a waitlist for public Squad creation.
By understanding and utilizing these tools and settings effectively, you can shape your Squad into a vibrant, engaging, and respectful community.