A very interesting feature of shareable bookmarks is that of being able to integrate, in real time, the list of bookmarks on your GitHub profile.
In the image below the final result of how they will be show.
GitHub Integration procedure
To integrate your Bookmarks with GitHub, you need to follow the steps below:
- In the bookmarks section, click on "Share Bookmarks"
- Set it to public mode, then copy the link below by clicking on the "Copy link" icon next to it.
- On your GitHub profile, create a repository with the same name of your GitHub account name
- Create a folder called ".github"
- Inside that folder, create a folder called "workflows".
- Click on Add file.
- Inside the workflows folder, create a file called "daily.dev-bookmarks.yml"
- Populate the file with the following content
name: daily.dev Bookmarks
# Runs every hour
- cron: '0 * * * *'
name: Update this repo's README with latest bookmarks from daily.dev
- uses: actions/checkout@v2
- uses: gautamkrishnar/blog-post-workflow@master
comment_tag_name: "daily.dev BOOKMARKS"
feed_list: "<YOUR BOOKMARKS RSS FEED LINK HERE>"
Important: You need to replace the
<YOUR BOOKMARKS RSS FEED LINK HERE> with your own RSS feed.
- Commit the daily.dev-bookmarks.yml file (the file should look like this).
- Open the Readme.md file in your Profile repository (the repository with the same name as your GitHub account name)
- add these lines at the end of the file
<!-- daily.dev BOOKMARKS:START -->
<!-- daily.dev BOOKMARKS:END -->
Commit the Readme.md file
Check if the README file has been updated
Run the workflow
The GitHub action is planned to run every work.This can be changed by adjusting the cron part in the daily.dev-bookmarks.yml file.
Well done! You have successfully integrated your bookmarks with GitHub.